I am delighted to be partnering with the premier leader in the plant & tool hire industry, who provide hire equipment from their 11 divisions throughout the UK. They are looking to bring on a hire & sales co-ordinator / driver to be based at their Wembley depot. The role will be to provide a prompt and efficient service to customers; to effectively administer all paperwork in relation to hiring out equipment and to maximise revenue from add-on sales.To ensure timeous professional delivery/collection of plant to/from customers and to carry out any workshop duties when required.If you’re looking to become a valued member of a successful company with lots of benefits then this one’s for you!
- Deal with all telephone enquiries/orders from customers and provide accurate information on equipment as required
- Liaise with the Workshop and Drivers to ensure that equipment is available
- Liaise with Foreman & GM to ensure you have top 50 items readily available at all times
- Co-ordinate Drivers to ensure equipment is delivered and uplifted from customers on time & to maximum efficiency
- Process on hires, off hires, exchanges, purchasing, equipment searches, internal depot transfers, stock control and customer enquiries on Smart Office with no errors
- Ensure you fully understand use of PDA’s and liaise with Drivers to ensure maximum use of the system
- Process manual paperwork when necessary
- Operate and maintain a daily diary recording all plant & tool movements
- Liaise with other company depots to source equipment not available at your own location
- Report any customer rate or agreement defaults to your GM, sales admin and Account Manager to ensure rectification
- Adapt to changes in systems and criteria as and when required and be proactive in looking after company interests and customer business.
- Actively sell consumables to customers to meet monthly revenue figures
- Ensure your depot showroom and work area meets the company standards at all times (clean, tidy, well stocked and dust free)
- Deliver/collect plant to/from customers when required ensuring accurate completion of paperwork (obtaining authorised signatures/noting damages/fuel levels/correct plant numbers)
- Start machines on site when requested
- Basic vehicle maintenance/ensuring roadworthiness and safety of vehicle (carry out daily vehicle checks in accordance with company procedures)
- Check plant against paperwork received from hire desk prior to delivery
- Safe loading/unloading of all plant and equipment onto/from company vehicles (strapping/chaining/roping)
- Tag up damaged machines on return to the depot and locate the correct area within the depot yard/workshop.
- Abide by customer Health & Safety rules when on site
- Keep workshop and vehicle organised, clean and tidy and assist with general workshop duties as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed necessary by the Foreman or Depot Manager
- Previous experience of working within a high-volume hire desk role is essential
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on increasing sales
- Effective communicator with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient IT skills with working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook and Excel
- Strong team player with the ability to work to own initiative
- Although a plant & tool hire background would be great, as long as you have a proven passion for customer service and the drive to learn then training can be provided.
- Driving licence is essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A customer-focussed approach workload and committed team player