Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £40,000- £60,000 per year DOE
Job type: Full-time Permanent, Hybrid, Immediate start available
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri
Contact name: Mike Young
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 07821 699746
A leading plant & tool hire company have partnered with Chantler Recruitment to search for a Business Development Manager to become a part of their well established team. If you’re looking to become a valued member of a successful ambitious company, with fantastic career development programmes and lots of benefits, then this is an opportunity not to be missed!
As a member of their sales team, you will work closely with depot managers and their operational teams, reporting directly to their head of sales. Your role will involve the enjoyable task of balancing new business development with the effective management of existing accounts. You will:
- Use your contacts and relationships to enhance and expand client base
- Negotiate and finalise agreements that provide mutual benefits for both parties involved.
- Effectively oversee current accounts with a focus on nurturing the relationship to foster growth
- Actively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling, site visits and networking.
- Participate in client entertainment activities, such as dining, sporting events, music concerts, and comedy shows, for example.
- Deal with customer enquiries, providing quotes, advice and support.
- A track record in hire or sales within the construction industry
- An approach that combines friendliness, enthusiasm, and a strong orientation toward commercial goals.
- A strong proficiency in numeracy, literacy, and IT skills.
- A sense of humour
- Excellent salary, negotiable based on experience
- Uncapped commission-based bonus scheme (20%+ of salary)
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- An enhanced contributory Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- 33 days’ annual leave, including bank holidays
- Free equipment loans and staff discount on purchases
- Fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the depots
- Regular social events including an annual summer and Christmas party