Title: Class 1 Hiab Driver
Salary: £38,000 – £45,000
Job type: Full-time, Permanent – Immediate start
Hours: 7.30am – 5pm Mon to Friday
Contact name: Mike Young
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 07821 699746
Chantler Recruitment are excited to have partnered with a leading supplier of welfare and event hire equipment. We are proud to be working with such a successful, award winning and rapidly growing company. We are looking for a class 1 hiab driver who will be responsible for the loading, delivery and collection of welfare units to and from customer site in a timely and professional manner, demonstration(if required) and completing any relevant checks and administration involved for the hire. This is an excellent opportunity with a positive, high energy and enthusiastic company with lots of career progression opportunities.
Responsibilities and duties
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with all UK regulations and company policy.
- Provide service to customers on assigned routes for loading, delivery and collection of units.
- Provide minor repair to units on route at a facility.
- Ensure all loads are safe prior to commencing route.
- Complete Vehicle checks to ensure the vehicle is road worthy.
- Deliver and remove units to/from customers.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Repairs, cleans and prepared units for delivery, as needed.
- Maintain and clean vehicle
- Performs other duties as required such as occasional service driver cover.
- Knowledge of driving legislation, particularly tachograph requirements.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Awareness of health and safety
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent people skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Tachograph/drivers card essential
- Legally eligible to work in the UK
- Must have a valid driver’s licence with valid Class 1 plus E qualification with Hiab.
- Must not have any licence suspensions within the last 2 years.