Title: Depot Manager
Location: Ludlow (South Shropshire)
Salary: Up to £45,000 per year DOE
Job type: Full-time Permanent, Immediate start available
Hours: 8:00am – 5:30pm Mon – Fri
Contact name: Lewis Young
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 07476 911852
Our esteemed client has risen to become one of the largest Plant construction hire companies in the UK. As their trusted recruitment partner, Chantler Recruitment is excited to present an exceptional opportunity for a Depot Manager to join this flourishing enterprise in the South Shropshire area.
The primary responsibility of a depot manager is to lead and oversee all operations at the depot, ensuring its profitability and adherence to the highest standards of service quality. A crucial aspect of this role involves maintaining strict compliance with the Company’s Policies, Procedures, and Legal regulations, with special emphasis on environmental protection, health and safety measures, quality management, human resources, and transportation. Through effective leadership, the depot manager strives to achieve optimal performance and success while upholding the company’s core values and commitments.
At Chantler Recruitment, we are committed to identifying the best talent for our clients, and this partnership allows us to unlock a world of opportunities for job seekers looking to take the next step in their careers. Our client offers outstanding career advancement prospects, along with an attractive benefits package, ensuring that dedication and hard work are appropriately recognised.
Don’t miss out on this remarkable chance to become part of an industry-leading team and embark on a rewarding journey with our esteemed client. Apply today and let us help you unlock your true potential!
You will be involved in all the following activities:
- Demonstrate full commitment to the Company’s, Mission Statement & Core Values.
- To lead and motivate Depot Staff ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them, and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed and improved where appropriate.
- Fulfil the responsibilities at Depot Management level, to ensure that employees receive the training and development which has been identified, planned and approved.
- Effectively lead and manage the Depot to achieve Financial Budgets and Performance Objectives (KPI’s) taking the appropriate corrective action to address any shortfall
- Ensure all Depot Staff comply with all current Company Policies, Systems and Procedures
- Encourage good teamwork by all Depot Staff and chair regular team meetings on a formal and an informal basis.
- Identify and develop profitable business opportunities through new Customers and products
- Foster excellent relationships with customers
- Liaise with and maintain regular contact with the Area Sales Manager’s and Hire Representatives on area sales opportunities and other related issues
- Effectively implement, the Company’s QESH and Transport Policies and Procedures ensuring all employees have the necessary resources, information, instruction (including induction) and training to meet their responsibilities.
- Provide and monitor the correct use of safety equipment and PPE.
- Record, investigate and report all accidents and near misses and implement appropriate corrective action to avoid recurrence.
- Ensure Transport Activities are conducted in accordance with legislative and Company Operating Licence requirements.
- Complete and submit management reports by agreed deadlines.
- Deal with performance reviews and disciplinary and grievance issues
Important: Seek advice from the HR Department before initiating any disciplinary action, and under no circumstances should any employee be dismissed without prior consultations with the Operations Director and/or the Business Excellence & Strategy Director.
- The ideal candidate should possess a solid Plant industry background.
- Managerial experience.
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Sick pay.
- Referral programme.
- Free car parking on-site.
- 30 days annual leave.