Title: Regional Fitter – London
Location: Based from any London depot or surrounding area
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000 per year + Overtime paid x 1.5 + standby/call out rota
Job type: Full-time Permanent, Immediate start available
Hours: 07:30am – 08:00am or 4:30pm – 5:00pm Mon – Fri
Contact name: Mike Young
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 07821 699746
We are delighted to be partnering with the premier leader in the plant & tool hire industry, who provide hire equipment from their 11 divisions throughout the UK. They are looking to bring on a regional fitter to be based at any of their London depots (preferably Tilbury) providing extra fitting resources where required across the region. If you’re looking to become a valued member of a successful company with lots of benefits then this one’s for you!
- To diagnose, service and repair a variety of plant and tools including compressors, mini excavators, dumpers, small tools etc both on and off site.
- Keep service records up to date.
- Assist region in ensuring 6 monthly services are carried out.
- Assist region in ensuring 6 and 12 weekly trailer checks are up to date.
- Undertaking Major repairs where depots do not have the time to undertake them in house.
- Ensure best safe working practices are adhered to at all times and that appropriate PPE is being worn.
- Report all incidents/accidents.
- Abide by customer health and safety when on site.
- Keep workshop and vehicle organised, clean and tidy and assist with general workshop duties as and when required.
- CITB/NVQ qualification is preferable
- Experience in contractors plant and tools is essential
- Flexible to suit changing needs of the region
- Above average fittings ability and problem solving skills
- Driving licence is essential
- Bi-annual bonus scheme
- Competitive salary
- In-house learning & development
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- The option to buy up to 5 days additional leave
- Loyalty holidays
- Staff social fund
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Welfare Fund (Company-funded social events)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health & Wellness (Well-being Hub, Employee Assistance Helpline, Annual Flu Jab)
- Overtime at an enhanced rate and Standby/Call Out rota