Title: Workshop Foreman
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per year
Job type: Full-time Permanent, Immediate start available
Hours: 7:30am – 5pm Mon – Fri
Contact name: Mike Young
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 07821 699746
Workshop Foreman – Join a Thriving Independent Tool Hire Company
Are you a highly skilled service engineer looking to take on a new challenge? Are you experienced in leading and motivating a team? If you’re seeking an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, supportive SME with exciting growth plans, then we have the perfect role for you!
A prestigious independent tool hire company have partnered with Chantler Recruitment in their quest to find a highly skilled Engineer who is ready to take the next step in their career and move into a Workshop Foreman role. If you’re seeking to become an integral part of a thriving and ambitious organisation that offers exceptional career advancement opportunities and an array of enticing benefits, then this is an opportunity that should not escape your attention.
As a Workshop Foreman, you will be instrumental in day-to-day operations. Approximately 80% of your time will be spent utilising your technical expertise, while the remaining 20% will involve managing the workshop and overseeing a team of fitters. If you thrive in a bustling depot environment with a rapid turnover of equipment, then this role is perfect for you.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, motivation, and discipline to ensure an efficient and effective workshop.
- Supervise, train, and collaborate with our team of fitters and apprentices.
- Conduct fault-finding, servicing, and repairs of power tools, plant machinery, and powered access equipment.
- Uphold stringent standards for equipment operation and presentation.
- Manage workflow, prioritise jobs, order spares, and handle system administration.
- Maintain a safe, organised, and clean workshop environment.
- Foster collaboration with the office, warehouse, and driving teams.
- Report directly to the workshop manager and general manager.
- A team player with a proven track record of successfully motivating and managing people.
- Extensive experience in repairing a wide range of electrical and mechanical machinery.
- Proficiency in working with two-stroke, petrol, and diesel engines.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about the company’s diverse equipment range.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work efficiently, pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy, literacy, and IT skills.
- A great sense of humour.
- Residing within a 45-minute commute of Croydon.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Company van or vehicle allowance, mobile phone, and laptop.
- Enhanced contributory Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Monthly bonus scheme.
- Working hours from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Generous annual leave of 33 days, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Company-provided workwear, including PPE.
- Free equipment loans and staff discount on purchases.
- Access to fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages at our depots.
- Regular social events, including an annual summer and Christmas party.
- Seasonal gifts, such as a turkey at Christmas.