Skip to content

Workshop Foreman

Job Category: Plant & Tool Hire
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon
Salary: £40000 - £45000

Title:                          Workshop Foreman  

Location:                   Croydon

Salary:                       £40,000- £45,000 per year

Job type:                    Full-time Permanent, Immediate start available

Hours:                        7:30am – 5pm  Mon – Fri 

Contact name:           Mike Young 

Contact email:  

Contact:                    07821 699746


Workshop Foreman – Join a Thriving Independent Tool Hire Company

Are you a highly skilled service engineer looking to take on a new challenge? Are you experienced in leading and motivating a team? If you’re seeking an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, supportive SME with exciting growth plans, then we have the perfect role for you!

A prestigious independent tool hire company have partnered with Chantler Recruitment in their quest to find a highly skilled Engineer who is ready to take the next step in their career and move into a Workshop Foreman role. If you’re seeking to become an integral part of a thriving and ambitious organisation that offers exceptional career advancement opportunities and an array of enticing benefits, then this is an opportunity that should not escape your attention.

As a Workshop Foreman, you will be instrumental in day-to-day operations. Approximately 80% of your time will be spent utilising your technical expertise, while the remaining 20% will involve managing the workshop and overseeing a team of fitters. If you thrive in a bustling depot environment with a rapid turnover of equipment, then this role is perfect for you.

Here are some of the key responsibilities:

  • Provide leadership, motivation, and discipline to ensure an efficient and effective workshop.
  • Supervise, train, and collaborate with our team of fitters and apprentices.
  • Conduct fault-finding, servicing, and repairs of power tools, plant machinery, and powered access equipment.
  • Uphold stringent standards for equipment operation and presentation. 
  • Manage workflow, prioritise jobs, order spares, and handle system administration. 
  • Maintain a safe, organised, and clean workshop environment. 
  • Foster collaboration with the office, warehouse, and driving teams. 
  • Report directly to the workshop manager and general manager.

The Requirements:

  • A team player with a proven track record of successfully motivating and managing people. 
  • Extensive experience in repairing a wide range of electrical and mechanical machinery.
  • Proficiency in working with two-stroke, petrol, and diesel engines. 
  • Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about the company’s diverse equipment range. 
  • Ability to prioritise tasks, work efficiently, pay meticulous attention to detail. 
  • Strong numeracy, literacy, and IT skills. 
  • A great sense of humour. 
  • Residing within a 45-minute commute of Croydon.

The Offer:

  • Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. 
  • Company van or vehicle allowance, mobile phone, and laptop. 
  • Enhanced contributory Workplace Pension Scheme. 
  • Health Cash Plan. 
  • Monthly bonus scheme. 
  • Working hours from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
  • Generous annual leave of 33 days, inclusive of bank holidays. 
  • Company-provided workwear, including PPE. 
  • Free equipment loans and staff discount on purchases. 
  • Access to fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages at our depots. 
  • Regular social events, including an annual summer and Christmas party. 
  • Seasonal gifts, such as a turkey at Christmas.

Apply for this position

Allowed Type(s): .pdf, .doc, .docx