With its establishment dating back to 1965, our esteemed client has risen to become the premier compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. Operating for over 55 years, they have built an impeccable reputation centred around their unwavering commitment to service. As their trusted recruitment partner, Chantler Recruitment is excited to present an exceptional opportunity for an Workshop Manager to join this flourishing enterprise in the South Shropshire area.
Our client’s success story is a testament to their outstanding culture and their dedicated team of over 190 skilled staff. With a nationwide network of 9 strategically located depots, covering key areas, this ensures their presence is felt across the country. With a fleet of over 2,500 machines, they are fully equipped to serve a diverse range of clientele.
As a Workshop Manager you’ll lead and manage the workshop while reporting to the Depot Manager. You’ll also ensure compliance with company policies, maintain plant and vehicles, schedule inspections, review reports, and provide training for the workshop staff. You’ll be expected to drive excellence in a fast-paced environment and be a key player in our motivated team. To support you in excelling at your role, comprehensive product training and other relevant skill development opportunities will be provided throughout your career.
At Chantler Recruitment, we are committed to identifying the best talent for our clients, and this partnership allows us to unlock a world of opportunities for job seekers looking to take the next step in their careers. Our client offers outstanding career advancement prospects, along with an attractive benefits package, ensuring that dedication and hard work are appropriately recognized.
Don’t miss out on this remarkable chance to become part of an industry-leading team and embark on a rewarding journey with our esteemed client. Apply today and let us help you unlock your true potential!
You will be involved in all the following activities:
- Demonstrate full commitment to the Company’s Mission Statement.
- Maintain plant and vehicles to comply with documented service requirements, ensuring road worthiness and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Control and maintenance of HGV fleet including scheduling of 6 week and MOT inspections.
- Review 3rd Party & in-house vehicle Inspection Reports and Defect Reports and ensure safety defects are made good with immediate effect.
- Take charge and inspire workshop staff, ensuring they understand their individual objectives, possess the competence to achieve them, and have their performances monitored, realistically assessed, and improved when necessary.
- Fulfil the responsibilities at Workshop Supervisor level, to ensure that employees actually receive the training and development which has been identified, planned, and approved.
- Fully understand the Performance Objectives (KPI’s) for the workshop activities and effectively manage to achieve set targets taking immediate corrective action to address any shortfall.
- Ensure workshop staff fully comply with all current Policies, Systems and Procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the safety and welfare of all workshop staff, visitors, subcontractors etc.
- Identify and manage risks and hazards and implement suitable control measures to eliminate/minimise them. Control measures to be communicated to workshop staff and monitored for effectiveness.
- Ensure all workshop staff is aware of their Environmental and Health and Safety responsibilities and have the necessary resources, information, instruction (including induction) and training to meet their responsibilities.
- Provide and monitor the correct use of Safety Equipment and PPE.
- Record, investigate and report all accidents and near misses and implement appropriate corrective action to avoid recurrence.
- Regularly liaise with the Technical Manager supplying required reports and information.
- Deal with performance reviews and disciplinary and grievance issues relating directly to workshop staff.
- Important: Seek guidance from the Depot Manager or, in their absence, the HR Department before initiating any disciplinary measures, and ensure that no employee is dismissed without prior discussions with the Operations Director.
- The ideal candidate should possess a solid maintenance background and a thorough comprehension of heavy plant machinery, including excavators, rollers, dumpers, and ideally non-operated plant such as Welfare Units and Tower Lights.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading and managing a workshop team to achieve higher productivity and maintain excellent quality.
- Highly motivated, capable of effectively executing ideas, and will make a positive contribution to the intended growth and development of the depot.
- Experience in promoting a safety-oriented culture.
- Having coaching and mentoring skills would also be beneficial.
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Sick pay.
- Referral programme.
- Free car parking on-site.
- 22 days annual leave plus public holidays.